With the continuous increase in cars in recent years, the demand for parking lots and parking spaces is also overgrowing. According to the data of traffic research, the ratio of vehicles to parking spaces is 1:1.2, which means that one car should own 1.2 parking spaces. If the balance exists, it will improve the problem of insufficient parking spaces entirely. The shortage of parking spaces is a severe problem faced by highly developed cities, especially department stores, hypermarkets, exhibition venues, industrial parks, downtowns, stations, airports, etc. Especially during peak traffic hours. Whether the parking problem is complete is one of the critical indicators for evaluating intelligent cities. It is also an important project for the government to solve people’s livelihood traffic problems. In the context of smart cities, resolving the issue of difficult parking requires adding new parking spots to expand the parking space and effectively improve the turnover rate of parking spaces! After the concept of intelligent parking proposes in 2014, with the development of new technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI) and IoT, innovative parking systems to integrate metropolitan parking resources have become a common choice for major cities to alleviate the shortage of parking spaces.
Disadvantages of existing on-street parking solutions
Manual charge parking fee
- Insufficient evidence.
- Operational labor costs are too high.
- High rate of evasion and disputes of parking.
- Inside job.
Ground detector + electronic toll collection, Parking meter
- The high gap of temperature leads to a significant reduction in battery life or failure.
- Easy to be interference.
- No image judgment.
- Less information collected.
- High labor cost.
License plate recognition pile
- Easily destroyed by Intentionally.
- The construction is difficult.
- High investment and maintenance costs.
- Insufficient information collection.
- The strict angle of vehicle parking requirements.
Parking Management With High-Position Cameras
Based on the comprehensive application of AI artificial intelligence algorithms, deep image learning, cloud computing storage, IoT Internet of Things, etc., Tianlin Technology provides a set of efficient and low-cost management solutions for roadside open parking in modern metropolitan areas. It cracks the current road. The dilemma of side parking management is a crucial first step for developing a smart city. Tianlin Technology’s ParkGuide® high-position camera intelligent parking management system can not only avoid the disadvantages of the existing roadside parking management system but also has the following advantages:
Complete collection of information
Provide diverse functions
Low investment and maintenance costs
Not easily destroyed by man
Low difficulty in construction
Using the cloud computing and wireless network transmission of new-generation technologies improves the existing roadside parking management performance. AI replaces manual to reduce labor costs and eliminate manual charging disadvantages, increasing parking turnover and revenue. While improving management performance, effectively using parking spots resources, and smoothing traffic flow to meet the requirements of intelligent city traffic.
The Difference of ParkGuide® On-Street Parking Management System
The ParkGuide® roadside parking management system provides a one-stop solution, from license plate recognition, parking fee calculation, evidence collection, payment (Autopay Kiosk or online payment), payment notice, etc. We offer a suitable solution and allow you to focus on management.
ParkBack® Parking Management Backup Host
The failover (failure recovery) function is a backup mode mainly used when the primary system is interrupted due to failure or regular maintenance. The auxiliary backup system uses to make up for the loss of the primary parking management system to provide uninterrupted Parking service.
ParkDB® Parking Management Database Server
Managing multiple parking lots is a pain point for enterprises or chain parking lots. The inability to share independent operation data of parking lots makes information integration difficult and workforce waste. The ParkGuid® parking management system provides the option of a ParkDB® database server, which can synchronously store the name-listed and vehicle entry and exit data of each parking lot. Achieve the advantages of centralized management, localized processing, and data backup. Besides that, there are many notable features.
ParkGuide® High-Position Camera Parking System Function Description
- Empty parking space display
ParkGuide® roadside parking management system uses the video analysis algorithm of the high-position camera to detect whether the parking space is occupied, then upload the status of each parking space to the cloud management platform. The comprehensive data of each road section will automatically show the LED display through the 4G wireless transmission. The parking space information for the drivers reference to quickly understand the number of empty parking spaces in each area and assist them in finding the parking space closest to the destination soon. To avoid many vehicles looking for parking spaces driving on the road, causing traffic congestion and air pollution extended issues.
- Parking fee management
The ParkCam® high-position camera detects the surrounding environment of the parking spots through the video analysis algorithm. The camera will automatically take pictures and archives and recognize the license plate number when the car parks or leaves.
At the same time, the parking bill generates and sent to the car owner through the App. The parking fee can be paid through the App or the nearest automatic payment machine, forming a complete parking management cycle.
- Improper parking management
In addition to detecting whether the parking space occupies or not, the video algorithm of the ParkCam® high-position camera reports improper parking behaviors such as over cross parking space and wrong direction parking. For the no license plates vehicles, long-time occupations, illegal (such as stolen vehicles, drug vehicles), and other cars, the photographs or video data taken provided to the law enforcement department for corresponding processing. i-View’s parking management system not for parking only also accounts for public security monitoring.
How does the ParkSide® high-position camera parking system run?
1. When the high-position camera detects that the vehicle is about to enter the parking space, it will start taking pictures and send the files to the parking management server or the Cloud via Wi-Fi (or 4G).
2. When the vehicle parks in the parking space, the high-position camera will take another photo and send the picture and information that the parking space has occupied to the server.
3. When the high-position camera detects that the vehicle is about to leave the parking space, it will take pictures and send the files to the server.
4. When the vehicle is entirely out of the parking space, the high-position camera will take another photo and send the picture and information that the parking space is empty to the server.
5. The parking management server recognizes the license plate of these four photos and generates the parking fee. At the same time, these four photos combine into a file as the supporting basis for parking charges.
6. The parking management server performs empty parking spaces statistics based on the area drawn to show the result on the LED Display of the road through the 4G wireless network, which serves as the driver’s parking guide.
7. The driver can scan the QR Code to pay or go to the nearest automatic payment machine to pay the parking fee by cash, electronic payment.
8. It can integrate the criminal vehicle database to assist the law enforcement department in fighting crimes. In addition, pop-up warning messages for abnormally parked vehicles, such as long-term parking without leaving, wrong direction parking, and cross-space parking.